I told the lady in the big SUV that she was parked in a red zone.
“Everyone else is doing it!”
“Oh that is brilliant…lady!!”
When I go to get the kid from school, I try my best to avoid trouble. I hide under a tree or look the other way when other parents park their cars in red zones. They also block yellow student walk ways. I of course park a couple blocks away and walk to the school. I admit foresight is something I acquired over years of experience. These same parents honk when they end up causing traffic, and make it impossible to have a clear path of safety through traffic. I tend to get angry when confronted with rudeness, stupidity and idiocarcy like this.
Today two women were both parked on either side of the street in the red zones. They were talking across to each other. It was clear that they were parked right on the curve where students and cars do not have a clear view of each other. I waited. Then I moved out to drive between the two cars, the one on the right raced out towards me without looking. I honked and then I yelled at her. She looked at me as if amazed that I was upset with her. She was a patronizing, idiot bitch, unaware to the danger that surrounded her. She mockingly said she was sorry. Wondering how I could be so upset;
“How can you say those things we both have children!”
I think getting upset is a normal reaction. I then called her a jerk and gave her the finger as she drove away in her dark SUV with her young kid. The lukewarm meritocracy of these 30 something women makes me sick. They seem to lack moral guidelines except when it applies to them! I am so glad I come from an angry generation with scrupulous insight.
Hudley Flipside & The Seminary of Praying Mantis
Top Posts & Pages
- "In the beginning there was a void except for the written word." The Avengers (Band) (442)
- 1960s (9)
- 1970s (37)
- Art Stuff Man… (17)
- Book Reading of the Day (2)
- Book Reading of the Day, it's Sunday !! (8)
- Books I Dig (15)
- CDs and anything to review that i want toooooooooooooo!! (2)
- Current Events.. (60)
- Dialogue with Breasts more than a sex object. (4)
- Embellished non-fiction short stories (64)
- Holly Duval Cornell's Poems & Pose (9)
- My Red Book by Holly Cornell (16)
- Nature Politics (37)
- PUNK NO-stalgia :Punk Rock (76)
- Records (2)
- Records, CDs and anything to review that i want toooooooooooooo!! (24)
- Synchronicity (12)
- The Adventures of Sony and Raubie (6)
- the Esoteric heart beat… (96)
- extramundane (41)
- The Praying Mantis (20)
I am a graphic artist. I work on 8 ½ by 11 or 11 by 17-inch water color paper. I like using pencil, ink, and watercolors. I also do some of my Flopside comics on Carson Comic book layout paper. I like to try and catch the essence of images, be it flowers, humor, political editorials or the praying mantis.